Make sure spectro is connected to com 1 and turned on. If you just received your instrument back from repair, make sure you have switched the loaner instrument out for the returned instrument before proceeding.
Run Change Active Instrument from Paintmaker / Datacolor Paint CD:
1. Retrieve the instrument calibration diskette or CD and the most current version of your program CD.
2. Exit all applications and place the CD into the CD Rom drive.
3. Upon the autostart, select Change Active Instrument
4. From the menu, select Instrument type, select the proper instrument.
5. You will then be prompted to insert the calibration diskette.
If the original problem was bad matches, run the drift test by selecting Spectro Diags (password for True Value customers is kevin) from the Options Menu. You must calibrate the instrument from the diags window. After calibration, run the drift test using the white tile. If the test passes, the instrument is setup correctly and is using the proper calibration data and also passing the diagnostic test. Monitor your matches and call back if problems persist. If the test fails, send an email to HWSupport@datacolor.com or call your local Datacolor support office.