Make sure your instrument is connected to com1 and turned on. If you just got your instrument back from repair, make sure you have switched the loaner instrument out for the returned instrument before proceeding.
Select the option "Change Active Instrument" from the Paintmaker or Paint installation CD:
1. Retrieve the instrumentcalibration diskette and the most current version of the software, Datacolor Paint or Paintmaker.
2. Exit all applications and place the CD in the CDRom drive
3. Upon the autostart, select Change Active Instrument
4. From the select Instrument type menu that will appear next, select the proper instrument.
5. You will be prompted to insert the calibration diskette or CD.
If the original problem was bad matches, run the drift test by selecting Spectro Diags (password for True Value customers is kevin) from the Options Menu. You must calibrate the spectro from the diags window. After calibration, run the drift test using the white tile. If the test passes, the instrument is setup correctly and using the proper calibration data and also passing the diagnostic test. You should monitor matches and call back if problems persist. If the test fails, send to HWsupport@datacolor.com
Click Here to View all the questions in Retail